From: Samuel Baldwin <shardz4217@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - which X terminal do you use?
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 22:22:18
1 Alexander Skwar wrote:
2 > Well - a terminal is something to work with. And this has to
3 > be functional and not "provide a change of pace".
4
5 Yeah. True. I like that thing though. Cause, since I use different
6 backgrounds for each of my desktops, depending on what desktop I'm using,
7 I'll get a different background.
8
9 All this said, usability and functionalibility is fact (for the most part),
10 and looks and such is opinion (for the most part-- again).
11
12 You like to use a black-on-white background. Fine, I've used that before and
13 it was great. I like to use IMO Transparency for a chance of pace. Great.
14
15 I'm guessing that this conversation was originally started to gather info on
16 peoples preferences of X terminals, but I don't think it was started for a
17 debate about transparency. Commenting on it, maybe.
18
19 This is really all my fault anyways since I started commenting on it. At
20 least I'm hopefully ending it. In a word: sorry.
23 Samuel
24
25 300GB Hardrive from Newegg.com <http://newegg.com/>: $115
26 32" HD LCD TV/PC Monitor: $1,199.99
27 2GB of RAM: $160
28 GNU/Linux Operating System: Priceless (and free!)