From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - which X terminal do you use?
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 22:05:12
1 Samuel Baldwin wrote:
2 > Alexander Skwar wrote:
3 >> That's something I'll never understand - why make the text on
4 >> a terminal harder to read, by using transparency?
5 >> Granted, it'll look better, but that's it.
6 >> IMO transparency is one of the most useless features.
7 >
8 > True, it's not that usefull, but it does look nice.
9
10 Yes, it certainly has the potential to look nice. No doubt.
11
12 > It provides a nice
13 > change of pace, so that way, when you're running a terminal in X, it
14 > doesn't look exactly like the regular shell.
15
16 Well - a terminal is something to work with. And this has to
17 be functional and not "provide a change of pace".
18
19 > As far as making it harder
20 > to read, I've found it quite easy. If it conflicts with your background
21 > design, just change the text color.
22
23 My text color is black, as my background is white, which is, BTW,
24 the best to read for the majority of people (if you're not handicapped,
25 that is). That's so, because the contrast between the text and the
26 background cannot be higher than with black on white (or white on
27 black).
28
29 > It is also possible to turn the
30 > transparency off, if needed.
31
32 Yep. That's what I do.
33
34 But hey, if you can work with a transparent term - fine! Nice for
35 you!
36
37 Alexander Skwar
38 --
39 Fifth Law of Procrastination:
40 Procrastination avoids boredom; one never has the feeling that
41 there is nothing important to do.
42 --
43 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list