From: Samuel Baldwin <shardz4217@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - which X terminal do you use?
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 21:48:16
1 Alexander Skwar wrote:
2 > That's something I'll never understand - why make the text on
3 > a terminal harder to read, by using transparency?
4 > Granted, it'll look better, but that's it.
5 > IMO transparency is one of the most useless features.
6
7 True, it's not that usefull, but it does look nice. It provides a nice
8 change of pace, so that way, when you're running a terminal in X, it doesn't
9 look exactly like the regular shell. As far as making it harder to read,
10 I've found it quite easy. If it conflicts with your background design, just
11 change the text color. It is also possible to turn the transparency off, if
12 needed.
15 Samuel
16
17 300GB Hardrive from Newegg.com: $115
18 32" HD LCD TV/PC Monitor: $1,199.99
19 2GB of RAM: $160
20 GNU/Linux Operating System: Priceless (and free!)