From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to test package install?
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 22:40:04
1 Am Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2018, 03:37:50 CET schrieb Ian Zimmerman:
2 > I'm trying to test my package by running "ebuild /path/to/pkg.ebuild
3 > install". Naturally (for me) I do this as an unprivileged user, not as
4 > root. It fails because at least some steps such as dobin need to give
5 > away ownership of the files being installed. I tried to run the whole
6 > thing including compilation under fakeroot but that doesn't help.
7 >
8 > If it is relevant (but I don't think it is) my user _is_ in the portage
9 > group.
10 >
11 > What is the accepted or usual way to do this task?
12
13 That should usually "just work".
14
15 Did you use fakeroot directly (bad), or did you add "fakeroot" to FEATURES in
16 make.conf (good)?
19 Andreas K. Hüttel
20 dilfridge@g.o
21 Gentoo Linux developer
22 (council, toolchain, perl, libreoffice, comrel)