From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to test package install?
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 23:21:58
1 On 2018-02-15 23:39, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2
3 > > I'm trying to test my package by running "ebuild /path/to/pkg.ebuild
4 > > install". Naturally (for me) I do this as an unprivileged user, not
5 > > as root. It fails because at least some steps such as dobin need to
6 > > give away ownership of the files being installed. I tried to run
7 > > the whole thing including compilation under fakeroot but that
8 > > doesn't help.
9
10 > That should usually "just work".
11 >
12 > Did you use fakeroot directly (bad), or did you add "fakeroot" to
13 > FEATURES in make.conf (good)?
14
15 The former. I didn't know about the feature. Is it safe to enable it
16 for "production" runs as well?
19 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
20 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
21 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
22 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.