From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to test package install?
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 02:12:22
1 Am Freitag, 16. Februar 2018, 00:21:37 CET schrieb Ian Zimmerman:
2 > On 2018-02-15 23:39, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
3 > > > I'm trying to test my package by running "ebuild /path/to/pkg.ebuild
4 > > > install". Naturally (for me) I do this as an unprivileged user, not
5 > > > as root. It fails because at least some steps such as dobin need to
6 > > > give away ownership of the files being installed. I tried to run
7 > > > the whole thing including compilation under fakeroot but that
8 > > > doesn't help.
9 > >
10 > > That should usually "just work".
11 > >
12 > > Did you use fakeroot directly (bad), or did you add "fakeroot" to
13 > > FEATURES in make.conf (good)?
14 >
15 > The former. I didn't know about the feature. Is it safe to enable it
16 > for "production" runs as well?
17
18 Yes, it should be safe. At least I have it on all the time and never noticed
19 any problems.
22 Dr. Andreas K. Hüttel
23 e-mail mail@×××××××××.de
24 http://www.akhuettel.de/