From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Konqueror and mp3
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 19:34:19
1 Am Sonntag 09 August 2009 21:23:27 schrieb Mick:
2
3 > I am looking at saving the mp3 files presented in Konqueror when looking at
4 > the contents of an audio CD. Although I can play/copy .wav files fine, I
5 > cannot play .mp3 files shown in Konqueror. All I get is a hiss no matter
6 > which player I use.
7
8 What konqueror presents is just a virtual view. You cannot play anything else
9 than the .wav's from a CD, because they're the only ones representing the real
10 data.
11
12 If you have the correct encoders installed, copying the other files to some
13 other place will encode the selected audio track(s) and store the result in
14 the destination directory.
15
16 > What do I need to do to be able to copy mp3s out of a CD?
17
18 The correct encoders. See the audio cd section in KDE's system settings.
19
20 HTH...
21
22 Dirk