From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Konqueror and mp3
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 20:00:32
1 On Sunday 09 August 2009, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Am Sonntag 09 August 2009 21:23:27 schrieb Mick:
3 > > I am looking at saving the mp3 files presented in Konqueror when looking
4 > > at the contents of an audio CD. Although I can play/copy .wav files
5 > > fine, I cannot play .mp3 files shown in Konqueror. All I get is a hiss
6 > > no matter which player I use.
7 >
8 > What konqueror presents is just a virtual view. You cannot play anything
9 > else than the .wav's from a CD, because they're the only ones representing
10 > the real data.
11
12 Oh, I see. When I copy an mp3 file I get a file which is 4.5MB large, so I
13 thought that it has real music in it.
14
15 > If you have the correct encoders installed, copying the other files to some
16 > other place will encode the selected audio track(s) and store the result in
17 > the destination directory.
18 >
19 > > What do I need to do to be able to copy mp3s out of a CD?
20 >
21 > The correct encoders. See the audio cd section in KDE's system settings.
22
23 This is what I can see under kcontrol/audiocd:
24
25 http://gentoo.michaelkintzios.fastmail.fm/audioCD.png
26
27 I guess these settings are not enough on their own. What else should I add?
28 How do I specify the necessary encoders?
31 Regards,
32 Mick