From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why I can't I build systemd without ipv6?
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 17:41:15
1 On 2017.10.13 13:29, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > I switched ISPs a couple months back and have been struggling with
3 > networking issues (not LAN, just WAN.)
4 >
5 > I have discovered that something is broken with my ISP's ipv6
6 > support, every time I go to a website there's a 10-second delay. When
7 > syncing portage today I saw what the delay is: apparently it tries
8 > ipv6 twice, fails, then resorts to ipv4 which works fine.
9 >
10 > Most of my systems now have ipv6 support removed, and viola! no more
11 > delays.
12 >
13 > Except for the three systems I have that run systemd. I went in the
14 > kernel config to disable ipv6, and it won't let me - looking at the
15 > dependency list, it's systemd blocking this.
16 >
17 > So *why* on earth is it a dependency when (from what I've been
18 > reading after discovering this) many ISPs don't seem to support it
19 > properly yet?
20 >
21 > And is there a way to build systemd without ipv6? Or am I going to
22 > have to revert these three systems back to openrc?
23 >
24 > Dan
25 Pretty much stabbing in the dark, but can you disable ipv6 somewhere in
26 network configuration? Can you compile it into the kernel as a
27 module, and then blacklist it so it doesn't get loaded?
28
29 Jack