From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage 2.2 in ~amd64
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 21:54:35
1 gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
2 > I was away for two weeks. I just resynced and see that 2.2.1 is now in
3 > testing (and my current version 2.1.13.1 is not in the tree).
4 >
5 > Am I correct in believing that when I upgrade to 2.2.1, all the commands
6 > from 2.1.x.y will continue to work? I know that several readers have
7 > used 2.2 for years with success.
8 >
9 > thanks,
10 > allan
14 I use unstable here and the only difference I have seen is the addition
15 of more options, better handling of blocks and such as that. I would
16 upgrade and then give the man page a good looking over. You may find
17 some things there that interest you and may be helpful in some situations.
18
19 I don't recall any commands changing tho. Still emerge and such.
20
21 Hope that helps.
22
23 Dale
24
28 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!