From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage 2.2 in ~amd64
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 22:13:51
1 On Tue, Aug 27 2013, Dale wrote:
2
3 > gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
4 >> I was away for two weeks. I just resynced and see that 2.2.1 is now in
5 >> testing (and my current version 2.1.13.1 is not in the tree).
6 >>
7 >> Am I correct in believing that when I upgrade to 2.2.1, all the commands
8 >> from 2.1.x.y will continue to work? I know that several readers have
9 >> used 2.2 for years with success.
10 >>
11 >> thanks,
12 >> allan
16 > I use unstable here and the only difference I have seen is the addition
17 > of more options, better handling of blocks and such as that. I would
18 > upgrade and then give the man page a good looking over. You may find
19 > some things there that interest you and may be helpful in some situations.
20 >
21 > I don't recall any commands changing tho. Still emerge and such.
22 >
23 > Hope that helps.
24 >
25 > Dale