From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] One of my cores sometimes sleeps
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 22:50:08
1 Roy Wright writes:
2
3 > Alex Schuster wrote:
4 [temporary freezes]
5 > I replaced my media lan's router the other day with a
6 > gentoo+dnsmasq+shorewall homebrew and hit this behavior. My observation
7 > is that they freeze when you loose internet connection. Two quick
8 > tests: 1) pull you internet cable and see if that duplicates the
9 > behavior you are experiencing; 2) try to ping an internet system while
10 > you are experiencing the problem.
11
12 Thaks, that looked promising - my internet connection _is_ quite unstable
13 indeed. But at the moment it's working fine, I can ping while the problem
14 happens, and pulling the cable does not trigger it.
15
16 Wonko