From: Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] One of my cores sometimes sleeps
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 19:30:29
1 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Hi there!
3 > Most KDE4 itself is always
4 > responsive, but not the panel. Konqueror, Kontact and such sometimes freeze
5 > when I open a new page/mail. In race cases konqueror also freezes while
6 > displaying a page, after parts were already rendered.
7
8 I replaced my media lan's router the other day with a
9 gentoo+dnsmasq+shorewall homebrew and hit this behavior. My observation
10 is that they freeze when you loose internet connection. Two quick
11 tests: 1) pull you internet cable and see if that duplicates the
12 behavior you are experiencing; 2) try to ping an internet system while
13 you are experiencing the problem.
14
15 HTH,
16 Roy