From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Smart Database
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:35:17
1 On 19 Jan 2010, at 16:44, Jon Hardcastle wrote:
2 > ... the HDD I use and as I have got a whole load more of that exact
3 > model of drive on the way I would like it to.
4
5 You know that using a whole load of the same disk increases the
6 likelihood of simultaneous failure, right?
7
8 I'm sure you do know this. Clearly you don't intend to use these
9 drives in a RAID array... but in a RAID array (or an LV group?) one
10 should shop for drives of *different* manufacturers, models or
11 factories.
12
13 Stroller.