From: Fosco <fosco@××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox automatic update???
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 08:03:13
1 I get notifications from firefox that an updates are available.
2
3 Once I wondered if it would be able to update and I pushed the update
4 button, it failed (likely in escalading the auths, as Andreas pointed).
5
6 To get rid of long compilation of firefox, I use www-client/firefox-bin.
7 The emerged binary is firefox-bin (rather than firefox as it would be
8 after local compilation).
9
10 In firefox preferences, I can disable firefox updates (so that it
11 doesn't bother for newer versions available).
12
13 Fosco
14