From: Hartmut Figge <h.figge@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: Firefox - saved or not ot be saved...
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 05:28:19
1 meino.cramer@×××.de:
2
3 > there is one feature of forefox, which bugs me:
4 > On the same site (www.blenderswap.com) I click
5 > to files to download. One is a *.blend, the
6 > other one is a *.rar.
7 > When I click the *.blend, the file gets downloaded
8 > and stored on my hd at once -> bad!
9 > When I click the *.rar, the file gets NOT downloaded
10 > at once and instead I am offered a dialog, which
11 > asks what to do.
12 >
13 > I looked into Preferences->Application, which lists
14 > filetypes and the according action and DONT find
15 > an entry for *.blend files.
16
17 What happens depends on the Content-Type with which the server delivers
18 the file. Here is an example.
19
20 http://www.triffids.de/pub/blend/
21
22 Both files are identical text files, but hm.blend1 comes with text/plain
23 and hm.blend2 comes with text/hafi. The last is unknown *g*, so it will
24 be asked what to do. text/plain is well known and the browser will
25 display its content.
26
27 > Where can I change the action selected by Firefox
28 > which gets executed for a certain filetype else?
29
30 Look at the Content-Type of your *.blend. One way to do this is with
31 HEAD which is part of libwww-perl.
32
33 hafi@i5 ~ $ HEAD http://www.triffids.de/pub/blend/hm.blend2
34 200 OK
35 Connection: close
36 Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 05:21:15 GMT
37 Accept-Ranges: bytes
38 ETag: "942355-b-4a590cf7e03b1"
39 Server: Apache
40 Content-Length: 11
41 Content-Type: text/hafi
42 Last-Modified: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 05:01:21 GMT
43 Client-Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 05:21:15 GMT
44 Client-Peer: 85.13.136.212:80
45 Client-Response-Num: 1
46
47 Hartmut