From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: live cd, ip fail
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 11:49:50
1 On Saturday 07 July 2007 11:26, Thufir wrote:
2
3 [snip . . .]
4 > I'm not sure what to make of the above, because, obviously, I'm on the
5 > internet at the moment, but there's a message about eth0 not having a
6 > link, when it's up and running on eth0...
7
8 Since you have not shown us how the LiveCD detects your cards:
9
10 Assuming that you have modprobe -v 8139too and it loads fine (or you can see
11 it under lsmod | grep 8139too as being loaded) then '/sbin/dhcpcd eth0 up'
12 should get you an IP address. Instead of eth0 you may need to run eth1
13 depending which iface is mapped by udev to your RTL8139 ethernet card.
14
15 For the link error you get, I think you need to have a CAT5 wire connecting
16 your ethernet card to your router.
17
18 If you want to configure your wireless connection instead (more complicated)
19 then you need to modprobe -v sis900 and then follow the handbook.
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick