From: Thufir <hawat.thufir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: live cd, ip fail
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 12:31:54
1 On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 12:41:17 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > Since you have not shown us how the LiveCD detects your cards:
4
5 How would I get this information?
6
7 > Assuming that you have modprobe -v 8139too and it loads fine (or you can
8 > see it under lsmod | grep 8139too as being loaded) then '/sbin/dhcpcd
9 > eth0 up' should get you an IP address. Instead of eth0 you may need to
10 > run eth1 depending which iface is mapped by udev to your RTL8139
11 > ethernet card.
12
13 Thanks, I'll give that a try next time.
14
15 > For the link error you get, I think you need to have a CAT5 wire
16 > connecting your ethernet card to your router.
17
18 The keypoint to me is that I can reboot into the Fedora live cd, and
19 everything's fine. Or, I can boot into windows 2000. Why is the gentoo
20 live cd behaving differently, or having different requirements?
21
22 > If you want to configure your wireless connection instead (more
23 > complicated) then you need to modprobe -v sis900 and then follow the
24 > handbook.
25
26 Heh. It's not really a wireless connection, though, is it? As far as
27 the pc is concerned it's a wired connection. correct? I'm using the
28 asus wl-330g as a wireless bridge. To my knowledge, fedora just sees a
29 wired connection. I can try knoppix, but would expect it to work out of
30 the box, too.
31
32 How did you know it was wireless connection?
35 -Thufir
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list