From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Local mail server
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 12:10:09
1 On Sunday, 19 July 2020 15:18:32 BST I wrote:
2
3 <snipped>
4
5 I think I'm nearly there, but still one config problem eludes me.
6
7 The setup is fetchmail > postfix > dovecot.
8
9 Postfix is trying to deliver some mail (not all) to me@this-workstation instead
10 of to its own machine, and I can't see why. I've tried a couple of relay-host
11 settings, but then I just get "warning: relayhost configuration problem" in the
12 log, so relay-host is now back to its default value.
13
14 Here's an excerpt from main.cf:
15
16 myhostname = serv.<my.local.domain>
17 mydomain = <my.local.domain>
18 mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain
19
20 I've tried omitting $mydomain from that last line, but it didn't help.
21
22 Can anyone see what I'm missing? (More of main.cf if needed.)
25 Regards,
26 Peter.