From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange messages at boot
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:30:26
1 On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:08:13 -0300, Daniel da Veiga wrote:
2
3 > > Adding 'RC_PLUG_SERVICES="!net.eth0"' to /etc/conf.d/rc may fix this.
4 > > Read the comments in the file for an explanation.
5
6 > Thanks for the info Neil, I also had this problem before, as I was
7 > using wlan0 by the time I simply deleted net.eth0 and it stopped
8 > rising, net.eth0 wasn't in ANY runlevel, not even connected, is this a
9 > new feature?
10
11 Fairly new, at least for those using stable. Devices can be automatically
12 configured when they are detected, which for network devices means
13 running the respective tint.d script.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.