From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange messages at boot
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 10:42:09
1 On 29/06/06, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:08:13 -0300, Daniel da Veiga wrote:
3 >
4 > > > Adding 'RC_PLUG_SERVICES="!net.eth0"' to /etc/conf.d/rc may fix this.
5 > > > Read the comments in the file for an explanation.
6 >
7 > > Thanks for the info Neil, I also had this problem before, as I was
8 > > using wlan0 by the time I simply deleted net.eth0 and it stopped
9 > > rising, net.eth0 wasn't in ANY runlevel, not even connected, is this a
10 > > new feature?
11 >
12 > Fairly new, at least for those using stable. Devices can be automatically
13 > configured when they are detected, which for network devices means
14 > running the respective tint.d script.
15
16 I thought that this new feature would/should take into account what
17 net services exist in the rc-update default level and act according to
18 the settings in /etc/conf.d/rc. I also do not have net.eth0 in my
19 default runlevel but still get these boot notices as well as the
20 errors when I run rc-update -s.
21
22 My settings look like this:
23
24 RC_PLUG_SERVICES=""
25 RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING="lo"
26
27 Reading the comments about lo, I thought that if lo comes up it is
28 counted as an interface and the script stops checking. Did I get it
29 all wrong?
30 --
31 Regards,
32 Mick