From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] separate / and /usr to require initramfs 2013-11-01
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 22:51:00
1 On 28/09/2013 20:18, Dale wrote:
2 > Yep, it could lead to some changes but the init thingy isn't the only
3 > change it could lead too. I said that before and I'll say it again, I'm
4 > not going to start trying to pull my hair out over the init thingy.
5 > First time it fails, it's been fun. I'll just move along to something
6 > else. I did it once a long time ago and am not so locked in that I
7 > can't do it again. See, I can change when needed. It's not that I
8 > don't want to learn new things, I just don't want to learn old failed
9 > things.
10
11 Then you need to move to FreeBSD. That does what you want for this
12 limited case. No Linux will do it. Well, maybe LFS.
13
14 Good luck coming to terms with FreeBSD though. It will feel like
15 2003-era Gentoo, without portage.
16
17 This is a lot like coming to terms with electronic ignitions after 30
18 years of dealing with points. Feels painful. But only until you start
19 noticing vastly extended plug life and a much better fuel economy.
23 Alan McKinnon
24 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com