From: Paul Hoy <paul.hoy@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo or Linux from Scratch - Perspectives?
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 01:20:49
1 On Aug 14, 2005, at 6:35 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:38:28 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
6 >> Unstable does not really cut it IMHO. I am a gentoo enthusiast
7 >> through
8 >> and through, but plonking something in portage with a ~ beside it
9 >> does
10 >> not constitute a release of a recent version IMHO.
13 > They're not "unstable", they are "testing", and that only applies
14 > to the
15 > ebuild itself, not the upstream package. If you want the latest
16 > versions,
17 > you need to run ~arch. Any distro that puts brand new packages
18 > (with the
19 > exception of security fixes) into its stable package tree has
20 > thrown all
21 > concept of QA out of the window.
24 > --
25 > Neil Bothwick
26 >
27 > Top Oxymorons Number 30: Business ethics
30 Hi Neil,
31
32 Is there a way to explicitly search for ~arch releases or do I have
33 set the ACCEPT_KEYWORDS variable in make.conf and hope for the best
34 during emerge?
35
36 Paul
39 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS variable