From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub1: Cant ? Re: keeping grub 1
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 02:14:32
1 On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 10:03 PM, Michel Catudal <mcatudal@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Le 2015-08-27 21:50, Rich Freeman a écrit :
3 >>
4 >> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 9:25 PM, Michel Catudal <mcatudal@×××××××.net>
5 >> wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>> You missed the point, I do not want some installation treating me like a
8 >>> child by denying an install to protect me against myself. If I mess up my
9 >>> system it is nobody's business but mine.
10 >>>
11 >> Well, then quit acting like a child and patch it to work the way you
12 >> want it to work. :)
15 > Right now grub1 works for me. I have no plan to fork grub2 as long as grub1
16 > works. When I can no longer use grub1 I will have to look at that option.
19 Nobody said you weren't allowed to use grub1. Also, grub1 will work
20 until the end of time, just like OS/2 or MS-DOS or VMS - it isn't like
21 software has an expiration date.
22
23 > Commenting on dictatorial behavior by some developper is not acting like a
24 > child, it is just defending a point.
25
26 Somebody wrote some software for free that doesn't work the way you
27 want it to. How is writing free software dictatorial? Is anybody who
28 writes software and does not charge for it ethically bound to write it
29 to somebody else's specifications? Even if you buy into "the customer
30 is always right" you aren't even their customer.
33 Rich