From: Nevynxxx <nevyn@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [obscenely OT] A good SMTP server?
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 15:11:54
1 brullo nulla wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Since when I live in UK, I have troubles with my SMTP servers. It
5 > seems that everyone has the "nice" habit of changing my header/sender.
6 > At least:
7 > - The Virginmedia one changes the sender with its own mail address
8 > - The Gmail one does the same.
9 >
10 > Since I have several email addresses for a reason, and I *don't want*
11 > people writing me to one to write (or, in some cases, even know) my
12 > other ones, this situation is really annoying, since it makes moot to
13 > use a single email client. Even worse, it messes with several mailing
14 > lists.
15 >
16 > I tried to google about it but I do not trust advertised "free" smtp
17 > servers, and I don't know where to bang my head on. Any advice would
18 > be nice.
19 >
20 > Thanks,
21 > bn
24 Hmmm, I run my own postfix, but I use the virgin SMTP server as a relay
25 host. I don't get my email addresses mangled....