From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is it possible for F5 to delete all contacts in Kmail?!!!
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 21:10:43
1 On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 21:01:44 +0000
2 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I did not manually edit anything on the addressbook in question (and
5 > the user in question would not know how to do that). I am told that
6 > she just pressed the F5 button and bang! All contacts gone in an
7 > instant! To me this is rather catastrophic as a failure mode and I
8 > cannot categorise this software as anything better than amateurish.
9 > Of course I can't code, so I get what's there for now ...
10
11 I would *strongly* suspect the usual cause of such things - the user
12 did indeed do something that triggered the delete but has forgotten
13 doing it as they don't think it relevant.
14
15 However, the fact that kdepim just deleted stuff without so much as a
16 nag dialog is a bug in itself.
17
18 At least you didn't lose three years of mail like happened to me.
21 Alan McKinnnon
22 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com