From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage confusion
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 04:13:00
1 > Are you using kde-4.0.x or why do you have
2
3 kde-3.5.7. Tried to update to kde-4.0.x near the end
4 of January. This was after almost two years of not
5 updating anything. This led to a emerge -uD world
6 which took about a week over my string-and-can modem.
7 Many, many "failure to build" errors kept me returning
8 to the list for advice. See ,for instance, "emerge -uD
9 world: another obstacle" in the archive. It was like
10 crawling through the desert pursuing a mirage. I was
11 unmerging here remerging there. Maybe that's when
12 qca-2.0.0-r2 slipped into my system. I never
13 completely understood why kde-4 couldn't be emerged. I
14 ran update-eix and eix-sync. Even now when I do emerge
15 -u kde it just points to 3.5.8.
16
17 > app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2
18 > unmasked? You can add "=app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3
19 > ~whateverarchyouhave" to
20 > /etc/portage.keyords and try again "emerge -avuND
21 > world".
22
23 Ok, that worked. Thanks.
24