From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anybody using Seamonkey 2 ?
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 20:32:16
1 Jesús Guerrero wrote:
2 > On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 04:03:54 -0600, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I noticed that the Seamonkey Project has released Seamonkey 2.0. I
7 >> assume this is the same one that is currently masked and keyworded in
8 >> the tree. Is anyone using it already? Any problems? Lose any old
9 >> emails or settings that you can notice? Problems with bugs or things
10 >> not working?
11 >>
12 >> [OT sort of] My brother needs to upgrade soon and he is currently using
13 >> windoze XP and Seamonkey 1. I tried to do a install the other day but
14 >> it sort of ran into a issue of locking up part way through the install.
15 >> He didn't lose anything but I did have to go back to the old version to
16 >> get it working again. Anyone here run into a similar problem? I can't
17 >> recall exactly where it locked up but it was only about 20% or so of the
18 >> way through according to the little bar thingy. I plan to install Linux
19 >> on his rig once all this KDE stuff gets sorted out. [/OT]
20 >>
21 >> Thinking about the upgrade, just looking to see if I should or not since
22 >> it has some sort of conversion process going on.
25 > For me it's working nicely, I use the ebuild in the mozilla overlay
26 > though. However, I only use the browser, I compile it with moznocompose
27 > moznoirc moznomail moznoroaming, so I don't know how the rest of the
28 > components work. Some people have been complaining about the mail reader in
29 > the seamonkey mailing list lately, so you might want to check the mails
30 > there.
33 Call me chicken, I'll wait a little bit to let them fix the bugs. I use
34 almost the whole thing so I want to be sure it is safe.
35
36 Thanks for the reply tho.
37
38 Dale