From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anybody using Seamonkey 2 ?
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 20:00:27
1 On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 04:03:54 -0600, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I noticed that the Seamonkey Project has released Seamonkey 2.0. I
5 > assume this is the same one that is currently masked and keyworded in
6 > the tree. Is anyone using it already? Any problems? Lose any old
7 > emails or settings that you can notice? Problems with bugs or things
8 > not working?
9 >
10 > [OT sort of] My brother needs to upgrade soon and he is currently using
11 > windoze XP and Seamonkey 1. I tried to do a install the other day but
12 > it sort of ran into a issue of locking up part way through the install.
13 > He didn't lose anything but I did have to go back to the old version to
14 > get it working again. Anyone here run into a similar problem? I can't
15 > recall exactly where it locked up but it was only about 20% or so of the
16 > way through according to the little bar thingy. I plan to install Linux
17 > on his rig once all this KDE stuff gets sorted out. [/OT]
18 >
19 > Thinking about the upgrade, just looking to see if I should or not since
20 > it has some sort of conversion process going on.
21 >
22 For me it's working nicely, I use the ebuild in the mozilla overlay
23 though. However, I only use the browser, I compile it with moznocompose
24 moznoirc moznomail moznoroaming, so I don't know how the rest of the
25 components work. Some people have been complaining about the mail reader in
26 the seamonkey mailing list lately, so you might want to check the mails
27 there.
28 --
29 Jesús Guerrero