From: Tito <tito@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Apache vhosts.d settings [SOLVED]
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:55:28
1 Mickey,
2
3 Thanks for the help...that solved it!! :-D
4
5 Thanks,
6 Tito
7
8 Mickey Mullin wrote:
9
10 >On 15/03/06, Tito <tito@×××××××.com> wrote:
13 >>I am trying to add more than one virtual host in my vhost.conf file. I
14 >>added and 01 and an 02 entry in the vhost.d directory. Once I add those
15 >>am I supposed to removed 00 entry which is the default from the
16 >>httpd.conf file? I tried both ways but it was still not working. What
17 >>is the proper way to bind the ip address for the different vhosts
18 >>(<VirtualHost ????>)? I need to know this so that I can set it properly
19 >>for each vhost file for 00, 01, and 02.
23 >In my httpd.conf file, I have only:
24 >
25 >Include /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/*.conf
26 >
27 >and I DO still have (and want) my 00_default_vhost.conf file in
28 >vhosts.d/. It is possible to put all your domains in a single
29 >*vhost.conf file, but I split mine into a separate file for each. Not
30 >sure of the Gentoo convention, but I prefer separate files.
31 >
32 >Is this name-based virtual hosts? If so, you need
33 ><VirtualHost *:80>
34 > ServerName domainname.com
35 > DocumentRoot "/var/www/domain.com/htdocs" #optional but
36 >recommended convention
37 > #rest of config
38 ></VirtualHost>
39 >
40 >If it's IP-based, replace * with the IP address. I THINK that the
41 >ServerName attribute is only necessary for multiple domains on the
42 >same IP (which can also be the case on a box with multiple IP
43 >addresses, of course).
44 >
45 >Cheers,
46 >Mickey
52 Gilberto "Tito" Valentin
53 Information Technology Manager
54 Linux Systems/Network Administrator
55
56 EZ Yield.com, Inc.
57 481 N. State Road 434 Suite 117
58 Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
59
60 v 407.629.0900 ext 29
61
62 IMPORTANT NOTICE:
63 The information contained in this e-mail message
64 may be privileged and confidential. If you are
65 not the intended recipient, any further
66 disclosure or use, distribution, or copying of
67 this message or any attachment is strictly
68 prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
69 message in error, please delete the e-mail, and
70 either e-mail the sender at the above address or
71 notify us at our telephone number (407) 629-0900.
72 Internet e-mail may be subject to delays,
73 non-delivery and unauthorized alterations,
74 therefore opinions, conclusions and other
75 information expressed are not binding upon
76 EZ Yield.com unless otherwise notified
77 independently of this message.
80 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list