From: Mickey Mullin <mickey@×××××××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Apache vhosts.d settings
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 18:47:29
1 On 15/03/06, Tito <tito@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > I am trying to add more than one virtual host in my vhost.conf file. I
3 > added and 01 and an 02 entry in the vhost.d directory. Once I add those
4 > am I supposed to removed 00 entry which is the default from the
5 > httpd.conf file? I tried both ways but it was still not working. What
6 > is the proper way to bind the ip address for the different vhosts
7 > (<VirtualHost ????>)? I need to know this so that I can set it properly
8 > for each vhost file for 00, 01, and 02.
9
10 In my httpd.conf file, I have only:
11
12 Include /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/*.conf
13
14 and I DO still have (and want) my 00_default_vhost.conf file in
15 vhosts.d/. It is possible to put all your domains in a single
16 *vhost.conf file, but I split mine into a separate file for each. Not
17 sure of the Gentoo convention, but I prefer separate files.
18
19 Is this name-based virtual hosts? If so, you need
20 <VirtualHost *:80>
21 ServerName domainname.com
22 DocumentRoot "/var/www/domain.com/htdocs" #optional but
23 recommended convention
24 #rest of config
25 </VirtualHost>
26
27 If it's IP-based, replace * with the IP address. I THINK that the
28 ServerName attribute is only necessary for multiple domains on the
29 same IP (which can also be the case on a box with multiple IP
30 addresses, of course).
31
32 Cheers,
33 Mickey