From: Florian Philipp <f.philipp@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fan Speed
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:40:58
1 Am Freitag 22 Juni 2007 15:53 schrieb Mick:
2 > On Friday 22 June 2007 14:00, Florian Philipp wrote:
3 > > Hi!
4 > >
5 > > I've searched for it for quiet some time and found nothing so I guess my
6 > > chances are pretty bad.
7 > >
8 > > Anyway, is there a tool that is comparable to SpeedFan for Windows?
9 > > Something that lets me control the speed of my CPU fan?
10 > >
11 > > Thanks in advance!
12 > >
13 > > Florian Philipp
14 >
15 > Don't know what SpeedFan does but fancontrol is part of lm_sensors. Check
16 > man fan_control. To kick it in, add it to your rc-update scripts:
17 > rc-update -a fancontrol, but would be a good idea to have sorted out its
18 > configuration first. Also, you may need to have switched fan control off
19 > in your BIOS.
20 >
21 > Of course if your MoBo is not recognised by lm_sensors (mine isn't) then I
22 > don't know if there's anything else you can do.
23 >
24 > HTH
25
26 Thanks!
27
28 Somehow I've never found anything on google.com.