From: Damian <damian.only@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gnome bluetooth in Gentoo
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 08:03:43
1 Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 06:46, Damian <damian.only@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > Did anybody could manage to get gnome-bluetooth working? First I had
6 > problems with permissions, so I added some udev rules and the
7 > permissions in rfkill. But now, if I launch the applet I just get a big
8 > button that says "turn on bluetooth". I did that but nothing happened.
9 >
10 > With blueman every worked fine, but since that package no longer works
11 > on my unstable system I had to search for that alternative.
12 >
13 > Thanks in advance,
14 > Damian.
15 >
16 > A better question. Why isn't blueman working? I am using testing for a few months now and I use blueman (with a bt mouse, so, its vital).
17 It was a problem with the policykit flag:
18 http://bugs.gentoo.org/289902
19
20 Fortunately I got it working. But I wanted to know what was the problem
21 with the gnome version.
24 > --
25 > Daniel da Veiga