From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What can cause printer to crop top of page?
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 17:01:20
1 On 2017.12.21 09:20, Mick wrote:
2 > I've been using a Brother "HL-3140CW" model with the
3 > net-print/brother- hl3140cw-bin-1.1.4 driver from the brother-overlay.
4 >
5 > Since I moved to profile 17.0 (I think) pages are being cropped at
6 > the top when printing from various applications (LOWriter, Okular,
7 > etc.) on different PCs.
8 >
9 > In LOWriter I had to set a 35mm margin at the top, to be able to get
10 > just 13mm at the top of the physical A4 paper, before the top line of
11 > text is printed.
12 >
13 > I have used the Plasma systemsettings5 for printers as well as the
14 > http GUI of the printer to see if anything is amiss, but I can't find
15 > anything I can change to restore the page alignment as it was a
16 > couple of weeks ago.
17 >
18 > The OEM online help pages suggest to adjust the margins on the
19 > application you're are printing from.
20 >
21 > Any idea what has brought about this change and how I may be able to
22 > revert it? Have you noticed anything similar?
23
24 It sounds to me like a possible A4/USLetter issue. Can you confirm
25 that both LOWriter (and other apps) and cups (or whatever is driving
26 the printer) are both set to A4?
27
28 Jack