From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] What can cause printer to crop top of page?
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 14:20:30
I've been using a Brother "HL-3140CW" model with the net-print/brother-
hl3140cw-bin-1.1.4 driver from the brother-overlay.

Since I moved to profile 17.0 (I think) pages are being cropped at the top
when printing from various applications (LOWriter, Okular, etc.) on different
PCs.

In LOWriter I had to set a 35mm margin at the top, to be able to get just 13mm
at the top of the physical A4 paper, before the top line of text is printed.

I have used the Plasma systemsettings5 for printers as well as the http GUI of
the printer to see if anything is amiss, but I can't find anything I can
change to restore the page alignment as it was a couple of weeks ago.

The OEM online help pages suggest to adjust the margins on the application
you're are printing from.

Any idea what has brought about this change and how I may be able to revert
it?  Have you noticed anything similar?

--
Regards,
Mick