From: Stefan Schmiedl <s@×××.de>
To: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: looking for email provider
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2020 09:19:28
1 "John Covici" <covici@××××××××××.com>, 02.02.2020, 23:58:
2
3 > I do have my own server, but I have problems sending to gmail address,
4 > I never get a bounce, but the messages disappear, maybe they are in
5 > the senders spam folder, but I don't think so.
6
7 As it happens, I've been investigating a DKIM-related problem for one
8 of my clients (turned out that MS somehow lost a TXT record in their DNS).
9 Since Google puts these very helpful ARC-... headers into the messages,
10 my gmail address was the target of several empty messages from various
11 senders with "test" as subject. Friday and Saturday, they showed up in
12 gmail's inbox and got forwarded to my own mailbox. Sunday, they ended up
13 gmail's spam folder, "because they were similar to several other messages
14 that users (????) have classified as spam".
15
16 This makes mail handling through a google account quite unreliable,
17 especially if you happen to deal with atypical emails.
18
19 s.