From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] opendns.org
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 16:59:18
1 On Jan 14, 2012 7:28 AM, "Paul Hartman" <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 >
4 > On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 6:06 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > I just heard about opendns.org for the first time today, but their
6 > > website makes it seem that I'm the only person in the solar system
7 > > who's not already on the bandwagon.
8 > >
9 > > Anyone know if they are as wonderful as they sound?
10 >
11 > If you are using ISP DNS and it is slow, or hijacking domains like
12 > search engines, and if you like your DNS to be a content filter, then
13 > sure. :) Google DNS is similar thing.
14 >
15 > Personally I just run unbound on my PC and don't want it to block any
16 > look-ups anyway.
19 Or, in my case, all ISPs in my country are required to use a DNS server
20 called "Nawala" that performs web censorship. And, as one would expect,
21 that totally breaks DNSSEC. Not to mention making DNS resolves becoming
22 very slow.
23
24 So, I used Google DNS and the famous 4.2.2.[1-6] servers.
25
26 Rgds,