From: Carlos Sura <carlos.sura1@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] opendns.org
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 19:07:44
1 On 14 January 2012 10:57, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
4 > On Jan 14, 2012 7:28 AM, "Paul Hartman" <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
5 > wrote:
6 > >
7 > > On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 6:06 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
8 > > > I just heard about opendns.org for the first time today, but their
9 > > > website makes it seem that I'm the only person in the solar system
10 > > > who's not already on the bandwagon.
11 > > >
12 > > > Anyone know if they are as wonderful as they sound?
13 > >
14 > > If you are using ISP DNS and it is slow, or hijacking domains like
15 > > search engines, and if you like your DNS to be a content filter, then
16 > > sure. :) Google DNS is similar thing.
17 > >
18 > > Personally I just run unbound on my PC and don't want it to block any
19 > > look-ups anyway.
22 > Or, in my case, all ISPs in my country are required to use a DNS server
23 > called "Nawala" that performs web censorship. And, as one would expect,
24 > that totally breaks DNSSEC. Not to mention making DNS resolves becoming
25 > very slow.
26 >
27 > So, I used Google DNS and the famous 4.2.2.[1-6] servers.
28 >
29 > Rgds,
32 I am using OpenDNS in my Home Network, besides of going faster, I can block
33 certains websites for my little brothers and in my work, we use it to
34 prevent people to use IM and such things.
35
36 I don't have problems with my ISP, nothing to complaint, but using OpenDNS
37 seems to go a little bit faster.
38
39 Anyway, you may want to take a look by yourself.
40
41 Regards
44 Carlos Sura.-
45 www.carlossura.com