From: Daniel Vrcic <daniel.vrcic@××××××××.hr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Audigy 2 ZS [SB0350] problems on AMD64
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 20:45:04
1 * Bob Sanders <rmsand@××××××××××.net> [05-07-30 01:20]:
2 > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 20:51:53 +0200
3 > Jules Colding <colding@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > Thank you for your advise. I got sound working by disabling ALSA and
5 > > using OSS instead. I think this is an ALSA AMD64 issue.
6 ...
7 > At some point, the problem will need resolution as kernel OSS is going
8 > away. But for now I'm glad you have it working.
9
10 I'm aware of the fact that OSS is deprecated and that it will be
11 removed, but in this case I don't like that fact. Why? I have old SB
12 Live! card, based on emu10k1 chip too, and I think that emu10k1 kernel
13 driver gives better sound than ALSA driver. I've noticed that especially
14 with bass lines.
15
16 I also like feature of configuring internal routes of emu10k1 chip with
17 emu tools (I can capture TV program and listen music in the same time)
18 and occasional front/rear channel swapping (sound on the rear channel
19 is generated by the I2S codec - better one, while the front one is
20 generated with analog AC97 codec).
21
22 Ok, I must admit I haven't played with ALSA too much so my question
23 would be is this possible with ALSA, especially front/rear inverting?
24
25 TIA!
28 Daniel Vrcic
29 --