From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing PAM from my system, is it adviseable?
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 09:12:44
1 On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 00:58:20 -0500, James Homuth wrote:
2
3 > I heard there were some programs that won't be emerged or won't work
4 > properly if PAM is removed. An example given in the posted wiki article
5 > is Open Office. Is that still accurate?
6
7 There have been some OOo builds (mainly betas/rcs I think) that failed
8 configure if PAM was not present. Installing PAM then removing it
9 afterwards worked, but I don't think this is an issue with the stable
10 builds, just a bug that got fixed
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Top Oxymorons Number 5: Twelve-ounce pound cake