From: James Homuth <james@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Removing PAM from my system, is it adviseable?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 05:58:26
1 -----Original Message-----
2 From: Neil Bothwick [mailto:neil@××××××××××.uk]
3 Sent: January 22, 2009 7:16 PM
4 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing PAM from my system, is it adviseable?
6
7 On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 12:11:12 -0500, James Homuth wrote:
8
9 > Will my system blow up at me if I remove PAM? And, if no, I assume I
10 > can just do so by specifying -pam in make.conf, and then rebuilding
11 > things as necessary?
12
13 That's pretty much what I did. Nothing's blown up... yet.
14
15 I heard there were some programs that won't be emerged or won't work
16 properly if PAM is removed. An example given in the posted wiki article is
17 Open Office. Is that still accurate?