From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Strange new behavior from the "mount" command
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 00:30:41
1 On Sunday, April 19, 2015 3:18:38 PM walt wrote:
2 >
3 > As a quick-and-dirty way of testing your idea I moved /etc/fstab out of the
4 way.
5 >
6 > I was surprised to learn that "mount" doesn't care about fstab, and doesn't
7 even
8 > bother to look for it (when invoked with no arguments).
11 You'll have to play with the options to test my idea. It doesn't need to
12 access it when called without arguments but it does (either directly or
13 indirectly) when mounting volumes, either by mount -a at boot or whatever was
14 used to mount them. Since mount(8) is an interface to mount(2) and friends,
15 all the mount options are already cached by the kernel and it'll have access
16 to them. You can also tell if the mount options on fstab are overriden by
17 something else by comparing the output of mount (with no args) with your fstab
18 file.
21 Fernando Rodriguez