From: P Levine <plevine457@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] plasma-desktop-5.12.4 build process hangs
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 21:51:25
1 On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 2:55 PM, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 12:23 PM, Elijah Mark Anderson <mark@××××××.name>
4 > wrote:
5 > > On Thursday, April 19, 2018 12:23:32 PM CDT Mick wrote:
6 > >> On Thursday, 19 April 2018 14:44:40 BST Elijah Mark Anderson wrote:
7 > >> > A friend has commissioned me to install Gentoo on one of their
8 > machines
9 > >> > for
10 > >> > them. I'm trying to run some final updates before I turn it back over
12 > >> > them, but it keeps hanging on plasma-desktop-5.12.4 after linking
13 > >> > kcm_fontinst.so (see attachment).
14 > >> >
15 > >> > Anyone know what's going wrong? Is this just a bug in the ebuild,
16 > maybe?
17 > >>
18 > >> Your log shows no error. I had a look for bug reports, but couldn't
19 > find
20 > >> anything relevant. If it reports no error, have you waited long enough
21 > for
22 > >> the emerge to complete?
23 > >>
24 > >> --
25 > >> Regards,
26 > >> Mick
27 > >
28 > > Sorry about the late reply. Life got a little busy for a bit there. I no-
29 > > longer have the machine in question. But a few days later, the owner of
30 > the
31 > > machine tried syncing the mirrors and updating again, and it went
32 > through.
33 > >
34 > > I would certainly hope I waited long enough... considering that when I
35 > tried
36 > > again, I left it running all night just in-case. lol. Thanks for trying.
37 > :)
40 > This is what happened for me. Plasma was experiencing errors, I lost
41 > interest, I tried again, plasma was not experiencing build errors.
42 > Works for things besides Plasma as well!
43 >
44 > Open source has taught me patience on the span of years. I wish it
45 > were not necessary, of course.
46 >
47 > Cheers,
48 > R0b0t1
51 ​Or, it could be the fact that ​the patch and solution to the problem I
52 posted to this very thread was applied downstream:
53 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/diff/?id=4b2a7ee17866dd768651b51cd6640f39506a8469.
54 That might have saved you some time.