From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] plasma-desktop-5.12.4 build process hangs
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 18:55:22
1 On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 12:23 PM, Elijah Mark Anderson <mark@××××××.name> wrote:
2 > On Thursday, April 19, 2018 12:23:32 PM CDT Mick wrote:
3 >> On Thursday, 19 April 2018 14:44:40 BST Elijah Mark Anderson wrote:
4 >> > A friend has commissioned me to install Gentoo on one of their machines
5 >> > for
6 >> > them. I'm trying to run some final updates before I turn it back over to
7 >> > them, but it keeps hanging on plasma-desktop-5.12.4 after linking
8 >> > kcm_fontinst.so (see attachment).
9 >> >
10 >> > Anyone know what's going wrong? Is this just a bug in the ebuild, maybe?
11 >>
12 >> Your log shows no error. I had a look for bug reports, but couldn't find
13 >> anything relevant. If it reports no error, have you waited long enough for
14 >> the emerge to complete?
15 >>
16 >> --
17 >> Regards,
18 >> Mick
19 >
20 > Sorry about the late reply. Life got a little busy for a bit there. I no-
21 > longer have the machine in question. But a few days later, the owner of the
22 > machine tried syncing the mirrors and updating again, and it went through.
23 >
24 > I would certainly hope I waited long enough... considering that when I tried
25 > again, I left it running all night just in-case. lol. Thanks for trying. :)
28 This is what happened for me. Plasma was experiencing errors, I lost
29 interest, I tried again, plasma was not experiencing build errors.
30 Works for things besides Plasma as well!
31
32 Open source has taught me patience on the span of years. I wish it
33 were not necessary, of course.
34
35 Cheers,
36 R0b0t1