From: Elijah Mark Anderson <mark@××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] plasma-desktop-5.12.4 build process hangs
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 17:24:09
1 On Thursday, April 19, 2018 12:23:32 PM CDT Mick wrote:
2 > On Thursday, 19 April 2018 14:44:40 BST Elijah Mark Anderson wrote:
3 > > A friend has commissioned me to install Gentoo on one of their machines
4 > > for
5 > > them. I'm trying to run some final updates before I turn it back over to
6 > > them, but it keeps hanging on plasma-desktop-5.12.4 after linking
7 > > kcm_fontinst.so (see attachment).
8 > >
9 > > Anyone know what's going wrong? Is this just a bug in the ebuild, maybe?
10 >
11 > Your log shows no error. I had a look for bug reports, but couldn't find
12 > anything relevant. If it reports no error, have you waited long enough for
13 > the emerge to complete?
14 >
15 > --
16 > Regards,
17 > Mick
18
19 Sorry about the late reply. Life got a little busy for a bit there. I no-
20 longer have the machine in question. But a few days later, the owner of the
21 machine tried syncing the mirrors and updating again, and it went through.
22
23 I would certainly hope I waited long enough... considering that when I tried
24 again, I left it running all night just in-case. lol. Thanks for trying. :)
27 Elijah Mark Anderson
28 mark@××××××.name
29 --
30 「塵も積もれば山となる。」
31 "Even dust, when piled up, becomes a mountain" - Ancient Japanese proverb