From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] linux-gazette masked: The total pollution of the output :)
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2018 21:26:22
1 Am Sonntag, 7. Januar 2018, 19:31:52 CET schrieb Neil Bothwick:
2 > On Sun, 7 Jan 2018 19:08:59 +0100, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 > > everytime I emerge something, a LOOOOOONG list
4 > > of installed linux-gazettes is printed on my terminal,
5 > > which warns me -- for each single gazette -- that it will
6 > > be masked.
7 > >
8 > > To find the real output in all this mess is at least difficylt.
9 > >
10 > > Is there a way to supress that output other than deinstalling
11 > > the linux-gazettes ?
12 >
13 > Add the packages to /etc/portage/profile/package.unmask.
14 >
15 > You'll also need to copy the ebuild directories to a local overlay before
16 > they are removed fro the portage tree.
17
18 I remember that the problem is that the distfiles can't be downloaded:
19
20 "Upstream deleted all files more than 6 years ago and is inactive.
21 See also bug #628960
22 Masked for removal on 2018-02-01"
23
24 (For the future: "eix linux-gazette -v -l" will show you the mask message,
25 alternatively "grep -r linux-gazette /usr/portage/profiles/" will show you
26 which file the mask is defined in.)
27
28 Point is, unmasking won't make the ebuilds work. I would copy everything the
29 linux-gazette ebuilds install somewhere else and then uninstall them.
30
31 HTH
32 --
33 Marc Joliet
34 --
35 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
36 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup