From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] linux-gazette masked: The total pollution of the output :)
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2018 21:53:51
1 On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 22:25:55 +0100, Marc Joliet wrote:
2
3 > Am Sonntag, 7. Januar 2018, 19:31:52 CET schrieb Neil Bothwick:
4 > > On Sun, 7 Jan 2018 19:08:59 +0100, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
5 > > > everytime I emerge something, a LOOOOOONG list
6 > > > of installed linux-gazettes is printed on my terminal,
7 > > > which warns me -- for each single gazette -- that it will
8 > > > be masked.
9 > > >
10 > > > To find the real output in all this mess is at least difficylt.
11 > > >
12 > > > Is there a way to supress that output other than deinstalling
13 > > > the linux-gazettes ?
14 > >
15 > > Add the packages to /etc/portage/profile/package.unmask.
16 > >
17 > > You'll also need to copy the ebuild directories to a local overlay
18 > > before they are removed fro the portage tree.
19 >
20 > I remember that the problem is that the distfiles can't be downloaded:
21 >
22 > "Upstream deleted all files more than 6 years ago and is inactive.
23 > See also bug #628960
24 > Masked for removal on 2018-02-01"
25 >
26 > (For the future: "eix linux-gazette -v -l" will show you the mask
27 > message, alternatively "grep -r linux-gazette /usr/portage/profiles/"
28 > will show you which file the mask is defined in.)
29 >
30 > Point is, unmasking won't make the ebuilds work.
31
32 No, but that's not Meino's problem. He has the packages installed and
33 wants to get rid of the warnings about masking and removal. Unmasking
34 will get rid of those. Putting the distfiles in a safe place is a good
35 idea, in case there is ever the need to reinstall.
39 Neil Bothwick
40
41 ISDN: It Still Does Nothing