From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Replacements for ivman
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 13:00:59
1 Alan McKinnon schrieb:
2 > I'm looking into ivman and pmount for automounting amongst other things while
3 > using e17.
4 >
5 > ivman was last updated Feb 2007 according to the official sourceforge page,
6 > and the maintainer is listed as "????". 18 months is a long time, so this
7 > package looks like it's unmaintained.
8 >
9 > Is there a replacement for ivman? Or is this function best done by hal itself?
10 > Should I be reading the hal man pages instead of posting to a user list?
13 I'm not familiar with e17 or ivman but how about using a lightweight
14 file manager with mount support like thunar (thunar-volman) or pcmanfm?