From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Replacements for ivman
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 21:08:45
1 On Saturday 11 October 2008 14:59:30 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon schrieb:
3 > > I'm looking into ivman and pmount for automounting amongst other things
4 > > while using e17.
5 > >
6 > > ivman was last updated Feb 2007 according to the official sourceforge
7 > > page, and the maintainer is listed as "????". 18 months is a long time,
8 > > so this package looks like it's unmaintained.
9 > >
10 > > Is there a replacement for ivman? Or is this function best done by hal
11 > > itself? Should I be reading the hal man pages instead of posting to a
12 > > user list?
13 >
14 > I'm not familiar with e17 or ivman but how about using a lightweight
15 > file manager with mount support like thunar (thunar-volman) or pcmanfm?
16
17 I already use konqueror (sometimes with kde, sometimes with e17) which has an
18 effective kio-slave to give the same result.
21 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com