From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Router 3rd and 4th net interface problem
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 03:13:00
1 On Thursday 28 September 2006 21:43, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote
2 about 'Re: [gentoo-user] Router 3rd and 4th net interface problem':
3 > I'm pretty confused. I'm trying to get the system in question to
4 > behave like a solid-state router that you can plug an ethernet jack
5 > into and be on the network. How should eth1 and eth2 be configured in
6 > /etc/conf.d/net ?
7
8 They should be configured as part of a bridge device (see the bridging
9 section of /etc/conf.d/net.example) and have the address assigned (and
10 DHCPD listing on) that bridge device.
13 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
14 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
15 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
16 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh